D.W.C. - Hamish Blakely

Monday, July 24, 2017


A painting should speak for itself. As Fritz Lang, the great Austrian film maker and director
 of “Metropolis” stated, “When a director makes a film and it doesn’t express what he wants 
to say and he needs to give an interview to explain to an audience why and what; he is a
 lousy director.”
 I certainly don’t suggest an Artist be aloof or even this dogmatic, as I have enjoyed
 countless discussions with collectors that have left me with a vivid and refreshed perspective
 of my work, but it is a striking remark that applies to Art; a painting should grab the viewer
 without an essay or speech, leaving further explanation supplementary rather than vital.
 Where possible, my own thoughts should recede to allow space for the views of the
 audience.





This post was read by ziyaretci-sayac people.

You Might Also Like

0 yorum

Popular Last Week

My Blog List

Follow Us